Five simple ways to battle flight woes
Los Angeles: Some are okay with long flights, while others face vertigo during long hours of flying. Simple precautions like intake of water and Vitamin C can help people overcome air sickness during long haul flights.
Here are five simple ways to fly safely and in a healthy condition.
Eat raw food: Your body retains more water and suffers less from dehydration if you pack it with live, raw nutrients. Usually take a snack and a meal for a four hour period and double it for longer journeys.
Importance of Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps to regulate cortisol and prevent blood pressure from spiking in response to stressful situations, like flying, airports, customs rate high on the stress-o-meter. Regularly elevated levels of cortisol in your body suppress normal functioning of the digestive system, reproductive system, and growth processes.
Water always helps: It is very important to drink want in sips rather than gulping it. It helps in rehydrating the body. So it’s better to spread water over the course of the flight.
Avoid alcohol: It is important to avoid excess alcohol during flights. If you need to drink to sleep, drink white wine or vodka and no more than a glass or two. Stay off the red wine and coloured spirits. They make your already overloaded body work 5x harder.
Probiotics are important: Flying makes you bloated because you are seated for so long. That creates pressure in your abdomen, interferes with digestion and slows everything down. Taking Probiotics, which consist of helpful bacteria or yeasts, helps your digestion to work again. Take one the day before you fly, the day of the flight and a couple of days after.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org