Five things to avoid during pregnancy!
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Being pregnant is one of the most exciting and beautiful times for women. But this golden phase of life needs to be handled with the utmost care as the body becomes so delicate and weak during this time.
While there are many dos and don'ts during pregnancy, a pregnant woman should try to follow the good rules as much as she can. For an expectant mom, nothing is more important than the health and safety of the unborn baby.
Below are a few things that pregnant women should avoid to avert complications during pregnancy or cause harm to the unborn child.
Alcohol: Pregnant women shouldn't take alcohol, and if they must drink, they should limit their consumption (and only when they've past the first three months). Studies suggest drinking alcohol during pregnancy is potentially dangerous. Too much alcohol during pregnancy ups your risk of miscarriage as well as can lead to poor growth and improper brain development in the baby.
Caffeine: It's advisable to avoid caffeine during pregnancy. However, if you can't, limit your caffeine intake to just 2 cups a day. Research hints high caffeine can result in miscarriage or low birth weight.
Tobacco smoke: Smoking during pregnancy is extremely harmful. It not just harms the baby but you as well. Smoking increases your risk of miscarriage, premature birth, low birth weight. Maternal smoking is also linked to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
Stress: Stress can give rise to back pain, constipation, insomnia and can even lead to low birth weight. If you are pregnant try not to take stress and tension.
Street foods: A pregnant woman should try to avoid eating street foods because the water used in these foods might be contaminated, which in turn will make you fall ill. You are more vulnerable to infections during this time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal