Foods for Healthy Hair
Hair loss can be heart wrenching for anyone, but for a girl, her hair is her pride, so it has to be perfect, silky and manageable. If oil is outmoded and hair masks are troublesome, step aside from the sporadic salon and spa treatments, what you really need is some protein and iron. Here are some foods for your healthy hair:
These lively creatures of water hold natural supplements to healthy hair. Though salmon is the king of Omega 3 fatty acids it is not easily available in Indian markets. You can always opt for other fishes like sardines or bangda, rahu or Indian carp, surmai or king mackerel fish, sole and pomfret. Vegetarians can include one or two tablespoons flaxseeds in their diet. It contains Omega fatty acids like omega 6.
Dark green vegetables
We often complain about our oily hairs, but actually it is sebum, a natural hair conditioner for your tresses, which when produced in unhealthy spurts, causes the grease overload. This is where dark green vegetables come into focus. They are a source for vitamins A and C that produce this sebum in your body - regulating natural production.
Healthy hair also needs healthy doses of zinc in your diet. If you`re wondering why you are losing hair, then you have zinc deficiency, add walnuts and almonds in you diet. Nuts contain certain compounds that can cut the risk of cancer such as flavonoids, phytochemicals and antioxidants.
If you haven`t shifted to whole grain products as yet, now you have another reason to do so. If you want naturally healthy hair, whole grain is your answer. Try to include wheat, oats, maize, brown rice, lentils and beans in your diet.
Low fat dairy
If you want your hair to grow quickly, then calcium is the ingredient for hair growth. But note down, dairy has to be low in fat as it contains higher levels of protein.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India