For new moms: Top five ways to lose weight post pregnancy
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Most new moms are eager to hang up their maternity clothes as soon as their newborns arrive. But remember, slow and steady is the best way as losing baby fat in hurry may be harmful in the long run. So, new moms should take their time to get rid of the baby fat gained during pregnancy.
And shedding those unwanted kilos is not just about getting in to fit into those favourite jeans, it will also help promote good health in lifetime.
So, focus on eating a healthy diet including some physical activity every day to shed those extra kilos effectively. Here are a few tips to help new moms lose post pregnancy weight:
Water: Drink lots of water throughout the day, at least 8-10 glasses/day. This will help you stay hydrated and will also make you eat less. Some research has shown that water may speed up your metabolism.
Physical activity: Apart from eating a healthy diet, include some physical activity in your routine such as aerobic and strength training exercises to burn your calories. It will also help in keeping your muscles and bones strong post pregnancy.
Fruits, vegetables and whole grains: Avoid deep-fried food. Instead go for foods high in fibre such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains, which give you many important nutrients and make you feel full longer.
Eat small portions: Try to eat smaller and more frequent meals. But do not skip meals because you are breastfeeding and your baby gets all the vital nutrients from you.
Breastfeeding: Breastfeeding is not just good for the baby, it is also beneficial for the moms to lose those extra flabs. Breastfeeding also reduces risk of Postpartum Depression, Breast Cancer, Ovarian Cancer and Osteoporosis in mothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state