Go makeup free once a week to delay ageing
London: Most women can’t imagine stepping out of the house without makeup, but avoiding it one day a week, can help in delaying the ageing process, suggests a skincare expert.
Rita Strazinska, founder of Bio2You Organic Seabuckthorn skincare, has urged women to go makeup free one day a week, for a minimum of 24 hours, to help protect the skin and allow it to rejuvenate without being weighed down by cosmetics, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“By opting to give skin a breather once a week, accompanied by a good skincare routine, women may find their self-confidence levels actually increase as they notice the condition of their skin improving, whilst the world has chance to appreciate their natural beauty,” said Strazinska.
Following are the key reasons behind her tip:
A clearer complexion: No makeup can help in reduction of spots, blemishes and acne. Makeup can also irritate the skin, leading to redness and allergic reactions.
Go chemical free: Most cosmetics have harmful chemicals like parabens, so it is wise to give skin a rest from such ingredients at times.
More time: The average woman spends around 20 minutes every morning putting on makeup. Going makeup free means more time to sleep or eat breakfast!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand