Home remedies to cure dandruff
Dandruff is a hair and scalp problem which is very common and is one of the most embarrassing hair conditions that one can face. It also leads to lower one’s self confidence eventually and in worst cases, constant itching can lead to acne.
There can be many causes of dandruff, but it mainly occurs due to growth of fungal infection on the scalp and is an infectious condition. The problem of dandruff can arise simply because of extreme exposure to heat and cold, or may be due to a complex problem like dermatitis. One might not be aware but problems like hormonal fluctuations, stress, neurological disorders can also lead to itchy, flaky scalp.
But, you need not to worry much as we bring to you seven easy home remedies to get rid of those pesky flakes:
Lemon wash: Take peels of around 3-4 lemons and boil them in water. After the solution cools down, apply it on your hair and then rinse it off. Repeat this activity at least twice a week and see the change.
Fenugreek (methi) paste: Soak fenugreek seeds overnight in water and then make a fine paste out of it. Now, apply this paste for around 30 minutes on your scalp and then wash it off later. Repeat this procedure for at least four weeks.
Aloe Vera gel: Aloe vera contains antibacterial and antifungal properties which help a lot in keeping a check on dandruff. Take some aloe vera gel and apply it on your scalp for around 30 minutes. Later, wash your hair with some mild shampoo. Repeat this remedy at least twice a day to keep dandruff under check.
Beetroot and ginger paste: Take some ginger and beetroot and grind them to make a fine paste. Now, apply this paste on your scalp every night and massage them well. Later, wash it off in morning.
Neem leaves paste: Take some neem leaves and boil them for 30 minutes. Now, crush them and make a paste. After this, apply this paste on your scalp for around an hour and then rinse it off later. You will notice that your hair look much healthier.
Tulsi and Amla paste: Tulsi (basil) is known since eons for its healing properties. Take few Tulsi leaves, make a paste of them and then mix this paste in amla powder. Apply this paste for around 30 minutes on your scalp and then wash your hair thoroughly. You will see that this remedy works wonders.
Reetha: Yes, reetha which is mainly used to wash hair is also a wonder home remedy when it comes to treating dandruff. You can either use reetha soap or one can also make a paste using reetha powder and apply it on your scalp. After two hours, wash it thoroughly with shampoo.
Try these home remedies and you can surely be able to say bye-bye to dandruff in a healthy and natural way.
Compiled by: Shruti Saxena
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical