Home remedies to get rid of cough
As the season changes, it brings with it the whacky cough, which all of us know is irritating and sometimes painful too. A persistent cough not just disrupts one’s daily routine, but especially dry cough brings you in public view.
Now, there are basically two types of coughs. The first one is dry cough, which can be caused by fumes, cigarette smoke or from some other source. Then, there is wet cough which gives away sticky mucus and can be caused due to cold, changing weather conditions, respiratory viruses etc.
Irrespective of whatever kind of cough you have, whether dry or wet, here are few home remedies that will help you get relief instantly:
Gargling: Take some luke warm water, add a pinch of salt to it and then gargle with it to cure the soreness of throat. Gargling will give you instant relief as it helps in thinning the mucus.
Rub your chest: One can also opt to rub one’s chest and throat with some balm or that contains camphor or menthol. Remember that these should not be consumed internally.
Ginger and honey remedies: Believe it or not, but a slice of ginger works wonders when it come to curing cough. Just, cut a piece of ginger, sprinkle some salt on it and chew it for sometime, you will surely get relief from cough. Also, honey too helps soothen throat irritation. Take glass of hot milk, add some honey to it and drink it before going to sleep at night to get instant respite.
Hot milk and turmeric: This one is the most traditional remedy that will surely work. Take a glass of milk and heat it. Now, add half a teaspoon of turmeric to it and drink all of it. You will surely find some relief from cough.
Thyme tea: Thyme tea is a natural cough reliever and helps loosen mucus. Take 2 tablespoons fresh thyme and add it to 1 cup of water. Now, boil it for 10 minutes. After this, drain out the herb and add honey to it. Drinking this thrice a day will help relieve cough and congestion.
Compiled by: Shruti Saxena
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday