Instant tips to get rid of New Year`s eve party hangover
So, New year's eve is finally here! And yes, I know what's on your mind! All you revellers are ready to kick off New Year's Eve party!
Exciting and fun as it may sound,there's always a flip side to it. Let me present you the most common scenario.You go to a party,feeling all gay and happy and in the entire excitement, gulp down drinks after drinks.Yes,you get high and feel at the top of the world, but the next morning leaves you miserable. You say to yourself ‘I won’t ever drink again’ and then start to regret your carelessness.You also start reviewing your resolutions and contemplate adding the 'No drinking' clause to your New year's resolutions list.
When hangover strikes, you feel like a thousand hammers are pounding your brain and that unpleasant feeling leaves you cringing and cribbing. Your head is splitting, body aches all over and stomach is wrenching.Well, but there is always a way out.Time is the best cure for a hangover but these following tips can very much help you to get rid of that nasty and irritating hangover.
Drink plenty of water
Dehydration goes hand in hand with a hangover. Alcohol depletes water from the body. So, it’s advisable to drink a lot of juice and water to rehydrate yourself again.
Have food or drinks that contain fructose
Having food or drinks that contain fructose will help you burn the alcohol faster. Also consuming these items might make you feel better. Try having some soup or any fruit juice if the above doesn’t work.
Take a warm bath
A hangover leaves your body aching. Hot shower will also ease your headache. A nice warm bath may just work wonders for you and you might feel a little better.
In case you were up all night and partying, you could be sleep deprived. A proper sleep can take away much of the hangover. Put on some soothing music and just try to sleep.
Have Ginger ale
If you don`t want to drink water, try having a glass of flat ginger ale, which will help soothe your stomach and will fight nausea.
Scientists say that your hangover could feel a whole lot worse if you smoke as well. Smoking will further irritate your stomach, so keep away from cigarettes completely.
Make some toast
Eating some slices of plain toast along with eggs could be a good idea. The combination of protein and carbohydrates in an egg and toast is a good source of recovery nutrients. Eggs contain the amino acid cysteine, which can break down the toxins that cause hangover symptoms, and whole grains contain magnesium, which alcohol can deplete.
Take a vitamin B complex tablet
Vitamin B is really helpful in fighting your hangover. You will feel a lot better in the morning after you have taken a pill.
Get some fresh air
Fresh air can really help you sober up. If it’s an safe option try talking a walk outside. Making your body work or letting it sweat out through walking or exercising can help release out all of the toxins that are in your body causing the dreadful hangover.
So get rid of the hangover and welcome the new year!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly