Let the night bestow you with beauty!
We’ve been lending our ears for this reiterated advice of taking the make-up off our skins along with following a proper night care regime from our closest of friends, acquaintances in kitties and various beauty professionals. But, how important is it to remove all traces of cosmetics and what all you can do to enhance your beauty before hitting the bed – reveals our Beauty Expert and Director of Alps Beauty Clinic, Ms Bharti Taneja. Read on to discover the real advantages of your “beauty-sleep”.
The CTMN Compulsion: Just as you start-off your mornings – a proper ritual of Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing and/or Nourishing (CTMN) should be followed even when the sun sets, as your skin tends to replenish and regenerate its cells while you are asleep. Just incept with wiping your makeup off using a cotton ball dipped in cleansing milk – which is sure to remove all the grease, grime and traces of beauty products applied, followed by using a toner that suits your skin. End, up with a moisturizer according to your skin and the season – and get ready for your nap. In case, you have extra-dry skin use a nourishing cream. Remember, how well you pamper your skin, shows off on the very other day, when you get up after a sleep.
Shower Power: Take a nice shower, beneficial especially is summers, as the season turns us all sweaty and tired till the day ends. The nice bath would refresh your senses and soothe your nerves while leaving-on a cooling sensation on your body. Besides, it will also make you do away with all the germs accumulated on the body due to sweat, dust and dirt all-day. Hence, you are more likely to arouse refreshingly revived after a good night’s sleep! Also, don’t’ forget to brush your teeth before you jump on to sleep, to keep tooth decay and bad mouth odour at bay.
Wish Good Night to Skin Problems!: Yes!, if you are a victim of certain skin issues such as; under-eye dark circles, pimple marks, dark/chapped lips – the “graveyard shift” is best time to heal and rejuvenate these. You may apply a lip-balm or fresh milk-cream mixed with honey and rose petals on your lips to get rid of darkened lips; put few drops of oil on your belly-button, if you have dry lips. For getting rid of ugly dark-circles, just take a half teaspoon of almond oil, add few drops of orange oil, massage for five minutes and keep overnight. This will soothe and brighten your around eye area. But, if you are not able to do so, settle down with just using vitamin-E oil; a great remedy for puffiness and sunken eyes too. For, pimple marks extract juice from the paste of fresh mint and neem leaves, apply its juice and leave overnight for a scar-free skin.
(The author is the Director of ALPS Clinic and Academy)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'