Monsoon special: Easy hair care tips
We all love the good things that monsoon brings with itself, be it the cloudy weather, the cool breeze gently caressing you, the rain drops or the hot tea.
But, don’t just get lost in this ‘dreamy’ picture, and also devote your attention towards the downside of this humid weather too. For, monsoon weather can wreak havoc on your hair and leave you with a feeling of cursing this blissful weather.
Here are a few hair care tips to leave you with those beautiful locks that you would love to run your fingers down this monsoon season.
Wash your scalp properly: It is very important to wash your scalp properly and frequently as due to high humidity levels, we sweat more during monsoon season. This will not just help in cleaning the scalp and keeping it dust and debris free, but will also avoid further damage to the hair.
A hair conditioner is a must: To fight against monsoon frizziness, the best method is to apply a good conditioner each time you wash your hair. But make sure not to apply conditioner on your scalp but only on the strands of hair. This provides a shine to your hair and prevents them from breakage. Another important point is to choose a conditioner as per your hair type. Like, if you have dry hair, choose a conditioner that will restock your hair with essential substitutes needed by them.
Avoid using hairdryer and hair styling: Ideally, it is always good to let your hair dry naturally. If due to some reason, you are using a hairdryer, don’t over dry as this will hamper your hair badly and leave them frizzy and damaged. Another advice that will help you maintain healthy hair is avoid hair procedures like perming or straightening as they may harm your hair adversely and make matters worse.
Use a wide-toothed comb: Dump all your round and flat hair brushes and instead use a wide-toothed comb in the monsoon season to allow less breakage and damage to hair. Also, try not to tie your hair too tightly as this may lead to hair breakage, dandruff and fungal infections. Instead go for lose hair styles or just let your hair open.
Cover you crown: Love your hair? Then cover your crown ladies to protect your hair by avoiding stepping out when it’s raining-even if you are armed with an umbrella. Make sure to wash your hair thoroughly with a mild cleanser and use a conditioner thereafter, in case your hair gets wet in the rain.
Hair cut: Keep your hair trimmed and short during the season and avoid any hair cut that requires a lot of styling.
Stay hydrated: Drink ample amount of water and other liquids like coconut water and fruit juices as this will help your hair stay healthy and strengthen them from within during the monsoon season.
So, try these amazing tips for healthy hair that will leave you with a beautiful feeling to sail through this monsoon season.
Compilation by: Shruti Saxena
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31