Oral hygiene: 5 easy tips for those ‘snow white’ teeth!
Dental health is a sign of overall health. A sparkling white smile and uniformly spaced set of teeth makes a person seem certainly more attractive. Maintaining good oral hygiene not just adds to your looks but is also important for a healthier you. Just by following some simple daily habits, one can achieve healthy and strong teeth.
Experts suggest that ignorance is a major reason for the wide prevalence of practices that are detrimental to oral health in India.
Here are some tips to help you to take care of your teeth:
Brushing twice a day: You should brush your teeth at least twice a day, one before going to bed at night and in the morning. The best time to brush your teeth is after eating a meal. Also, do brush your tongue as this will expel bad breath away.
Change toothbrush timely: It is very important to change the toothbrush every two or three months or sooner as a brush with splayed bristles is unable to clean your teeth properly and may also adversely damage the gums.
Use mouthwash: It is generally advisable to rinse your mouth with a mouthwash after every meal to remove all the sticky food and keep the gums healthy. If not a mouthwash, try rinsing your mouth with just plain water.
Limit sugary foods: Those sugary candies and chocolate pies might lure you, but it is very important to limit your intake of sweet foods like sugary drinks as they produce acids which when stay for a longer time in your mouth, may lead to tooth decay and sensitivity.
Quit smoking and alcohol: Smoking not just raises the risk of turning your teeth yellow, but may also lead to gum diseases like dry mouth, toothache, sensitive gums and mouth cancer.
Apart from the above mentioned tips, it is important to go for dental check-ups at least once in six months. So, try following these easy tips and notice the difference yourself.
Compiled by: Shruti Saxena
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way