Oral hygiene: 5 easy tips for those ‘snow white’ teeth!
Dental health is a sign of overall health. A sparkling white smile and uniformly spaced set of teeth makes a person seem certainly more attractive. Maintaining good oral hygiene not just adds to your looks but is also important for a healthier you. Just by following some simple daily habits, one can achieve healthy and strong teeth.
Experts suggest that ignorance is a major reason for the wide prevalence of practices that are detrimental to oral health in India.
Here are some tips to help you to take care of your teeth:
Brushing twice a day: You should brush your teeth at least twice a day, one before going to bed at night and in the morning. The best time to brush your teeth is after eating a meal. Also, do brush your tongue as this will expel bad breath away.
Change toothbrush timely: It is very important to change the toothbrush every two or three months or sooner as a brush with splayed bristles is unable to clean your teeth properly and may also adversely damage the gums.
Use mouthwash: It is generally advisable to rinse your mouth with a mouthwash after every meal to remove all the sticky food and keep the gums healthy. If not a mouthwash, try rinsing your mouth with just plain water.
Limit sugary foods: Those sugary candies and chocolate pies might lure you, but it is very important to limit your intake of sweet foods like sugary drinks as they produce acids which when stay for a longer time in your mouth, may lead to tooth decay and sensitivity.
Quit smoking and alcohol: Smoking not just raises the risk of turning your teeth yellow, but may also lead to gum diseases like dry mouth, toothache, sensitive gums and mouth cancer.
Apart from the above mentioned tips, it is important to go for dental check-ups at least once in six months. So, try following these easy tips and notice the difference yourself.
Compiled by: Shruti Saxena
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!