Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
Acidity occurs due to excess acid secretion in the gastric glands of the stomach.
Zee Media Bureau/Udita Madan
New Delhi: Acidity or acid reflux is something everyone suffers at some point. For some, it may even be a daily occurrence.
Overeating, spicy food, being overweight, excessive intake of alcohol and/or caffeine, are just some of the reasons you may have acidity.
Acidity occurs due to excess acid secretion in the gastric glands of the stomach. The feeling is also known as heartburn and is one of the most common and primary symptoms of acidity.
Even though medication is easily available, they don't have the tendency to provide a lasting cure.
However, there are certain ways through which you can easily curb the problem.
Scroll down to find out!
1. Coconut water is known as one of the best coolants for heartburn
2. Ditch those carbonated and caffeinated beverages and opt for a healthier alternative like green tea or herbal tea
3. Drink a glass of milk everyday
4. If you are a regular smoker, cut down on the habit
5. Reduce the spice quotient in your food. Try to avoid pickles, spicy chutneys, vinegar, etc
6. Eat small but regular meals. Keeping long intervals between meals is another cause for acidity
7. Mint is a natural coolant. Boil some mint leaves in water and have a glass after meals
8. Sucking on a piece of clove can do wonders for heartburn
9. Have vegetables like drumsticks, beans, pumpkin, cabbage, carrot and spring onions
10. Have your last meal at least two to three hours before you hit the sack
Keep your stomach happy!