Seven easy ways to prevent common eye problems
-Limit exposure to ultra violet rays. Wear shades, hats if working outdoors to protect against harmful UV light which can cause muscular degeneration and cataracts.
-Prevent eyestrain: Take breaks in between if you are working in front of computer all day at work as eye strain can cause dry eyes leading to dizziness.
-Eat nutritious food that is good for the eyes. Studies show vitamins and antioxidants can prevent, or at least slow the pace of degeneration and cataracts.
-Go for eye check-up if there`s any vision problem. Wear proper contact lenses or spectacles as per the need to avoid risk of further eye damage.
-While reading, use the right light as dimmed light can cause eye fatigue.
-If you are living a very stressful life, take time out from your work schedule; soak in the bath, yoga or massage. If you are always tired, try to get more sleep.
-For diabetic patients, controlling the blood and sugar levels can prevent the blur vision. A blurred vision person should take healthy diet rich in Vitamin A which is considered best for the eyes. For hypertensive patients, the blood pressure should be maintained under normal level.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij