Seven easy ways to prevent common eye problems
-Limit exposure to ultra violet rays. Wear shades, hats if working outdoors to protect against harmful UV light which can cause muscular degeneration and cataracts.
-Prevent eyestrain: Take breaks in between if you are working in front of computer all day at work as eye strain can cause dry eyes leading to dizziness.
-Eat nutritious food that is good for the eyes. Studies show vitamins and antioxidants can prevent, or at least slow the pace of degeneration and cataracts.
-Go for eye check-up if there`s any vision problem. Wear proper contact lenses or spectacles as per the need to avoid risk of further eye damage.
-While reading, use the right light as dimmed light can cause eye fatigue.
-If you are living a very stressful life, take time out from your work schedule; soak in the bath, yoga or massage. If you are always tired, try to get more sleep.
-For diabetic patients, controlling the blood and sugar levels can prevent the blur vision. A blurred vision person should take healthy diet rich in Vitamin A which is considered best for the eyes. For hypertensive patients, the blood pressure should be maintained under normal level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites