Seven tips to get rid of constipation
Modern age has made our life effortless but along with it, it brings along a plethora of lifestyle diseases and ailments.The most common ailment which we encounter in our day to day life is Constipation. More often than not,we are pretty embarrassed to discuss about this common ailment. But almost each one of us have suffered from it ,at one time or another.Constipation basically refers to bowel movements that are infrequent or hard to pass or the sensation of incomplete bowel evacuation.Constipation is a common cause of painful defecation and can even escalate to menacing heights if not taken seriously.
So,we bring before you simple tips to get rid of this irritating and painful condition:
Start loving water
Drink at least 3 litres of water every day.This is the most common tip,highly recommended and always effective.Still we don’t give heed to it and look for other solutions.But this time,take it seriously and ensure that your body gets enough water.Avoid having tap water as it is full of additives which is not good for your digestive system.Go for mineral water if you can.
Add fibre to your diet
Most of the doctors and specialists across the world feel that Constipation is a clear sign that your diet is lacking in fibre.So, don`t wait and adopt a healthy diet which includes lots of fruits ,grains and leafy vegetables and also a lot of fluids. Fibers will help steady your bowel movements.Fibre gives bulk to bowel movement making the stool easier to pass.
Avoid these foods
In order to help prevent constipation you should avoid or at least limit your intake of dairy products like milk,yogurt and foods that are high in fat content, foods that are high in cholesterol content and processed foods.Don’t even think of fatty and junk food as it will aggravate your pain.
Increase physical activity
Start walking or try simple exercise regime like jogging, skipping ,cycling and swimming.The best thing to do is to take a long walk everyday which could help get things moving along. Regular and light exercises gets the heart pumping and blood flowing which ultimately aids in constipation.
Try these home remedies
Switch to Prunes and prune juice
Eat a pear during breakfast or after dinner
Have 1-2 oranges before going to bed and the same after getting up.They will stimulate your bowels for sure.
Try Grapes and honey which are generally known as natural laxatives
Try Aloe Vera Juice with pulp for a quick remedy.It`s a natural fiber. Aloe vera relaxes the muscles of your digestive track and colon so that the feces can pass through easily. The smooth fibrous fluid of the aloe vera plant soothes the muscles of your digestive track and softens your stool.
Check for the side effects of medications
Most of the time constipation is a side effect of a medication or some other illness.If you are taking the medication or suffer from an illness that may involve constipation as a symptom of the illness, you should try to avoid foods that make the risk of constipation higher.Discuss these with your doctor and prepare a proper diet chart.
Say bye to stress and depression
Just relax and avoid engaging in stressful activities and anything which spurs tension and worry. All such mental conditions affect our daily lives and our eating habits leading to irregular bowel movements.Ensure that you keep stress at bay and keep yourself happy and spirited.
Compiled by: Ritu Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in