Simple tips to deal with anxiety and stress!
But the good thing is that there are ways that can help you deal with anxiety. Here's how.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Almost everyone of us have been there - feelings of anxiety, nervousness, stress and tension from time to time. While anxiety can be a normal response to stress, it can be a disorder when it's out of proportion to what's going on or is impossible to control.
But the good thing is that there are ways that can help you deal with anxiety. Here's how:
- Practice yoga - a number of studies have shown that yoga can be a beneficial treatment for mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, etc,.
- Exercise daily to maintain a healthy physical and mental health.
- Eat a well-balanced diet which includes lots of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains.
- Avoid or limit alcohol and caffeine intake, which can aggravate anxiety and trigger panic attacks.
- Get the right amount of sleep every night.
- Practice deep breathing to help relax and beat stress - simply breathe in slowly through your nose and exhale through your mouth.
- Spend time with friends or family.
- Connect with nature - taking a walk in the park or a hike in the woods can help you feel peaceful.
- Maintain a constructive attitude by replacing negative thoughts with positive ones.
- Try to identify your triggers - is it work, family or something else that is bothering you? Write it down when you're feeling anxious. Doing this may help you find out the exact cause and deal with it.
- Focus your thoughts on things that are good, beautiful and positive.