Simple tips to prevent asthma attacks
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Although there's no asthma cure, you can take steps to control the disease and help prevent its symptoms from worsening. However, asthma patients should reduce exposure to asthma triggers as they can aggravate the symptoms such as-coughing, wheezing, and difficulty catching your breath.
Below are some simple tips to help you prevent an asthma attack:
Identify things that trigger asthma attacks and avoid them. While physical activity can trigger asthma, it should not be avoided since it's a part of healthy lifestyle. Instead, one should consult the doctor about the medicines that can help to stay active.
Have regular check ups and take medicines as your doctor prescribes.
Know your asthma and ways to control it.
Avoid all sources of smoke- tobacco, incense, candles, fires, etc. If you smoke cigarettes, quit immediately to avoid the disease from getting worse.
Try to stay away from people who have a cold and flu to avoid asthma because symptoms may worsen if you get infected.
People who have allergies and asthma should cut down their exposure to allergens. Exposure to allergens can temporarily elevate the inflammation of the airways in asthmatic patients which in turn make them more vulnerable to an asthma attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley