Simple tips to prevent asthma attacks
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Although there's no asthma cure, you can take steps to control the disease and help prevent its symptoms from worsening. However, asthma patients should reduce exposure to asthma triggers as they can aggravate the symptoms such as-coughing, wheezing, and difficulty catching your breath.
Below are some simple tips to help you prevent an asthma attack:
Identify things that trigger asthma attacks and avoid them. While physical activity can trigger asthma, it should not be avoided since it's a part of healthy lifestyle. Instead, one should consult the doctor about the medicines that can help to stay active.
Have regular check ups and take medicines as your doctor prescribes.
Know your asthma and ways to control it.
Avoid all sources of smoke- tobacco, incense, candles, fires, etc. If you smoke cigarettes, quit immediately to avoid the disease from getting worse.
Try to stay away from people who have a cold and flu to avoid asthma because symptoms may worsen if you get infected.
People who have allergies and asthma should cut down their exposure to allergens. Exposure to allergens can temporarily elevate the inflammation of the airways in asthmatic patients which in turn make them more vulnerable to an asthma attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh