Simple tips to prevent excessive stomach gas!
Each one of us has intestinal gas, whether we admit it or not. We all pass gas either by belching or flatulence (farting). Many people do not know that an average person passes gas at least 20 times a day through belching and farting, but anything beyond this does need attention.
Gas is made mainly of odourless vapours- carbon dioxide, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, and sometimes methane. However, the unpleasant smell of gas comes from bacteria in the large intestine that release small amounts of gases that contain sulphur.
Excessive gas in your stomach puts you in an uncomfortable and bumpy situation. It can also be a warning of serious health issue. Passing gas can be embarrassing and uncomfortable, but, nobody can avoid it.
Here are some simple measures to help you prevent excessive stomach gas:
-Eat slowly and chew your food properly. Eating fast can make you swallow too much of air.
-Do not overeat, specially oily and heavy food.
-Avoid fizzy drinks.
-Drink different kinds of herbal teas- you can try a cup of tea from ginger, mint or chamomile, etc, by adding little sugar or honey.
-Drink lots of water.
-Exercise regularly as this is one of the best solutions to minor complaints. Daily exercise regime keeps all your organs and organ systems healthy.
-Yoga is a wonderful way to enhance the functioning of your digestive system, which is very helpful in controlling excessive gas formation.
-Foods such as cabbage, beans, peas, onions, pears, apples, peaches, milk and milk products can cause gas in some people, while others may not have a problem. Many carbohydrates and starches, like potatoes, noodles, and breads give rise to gas when they are digested.
-Avoid artificial sweeteners like sorbitol, which is found in dietetic foods, sugar free soda and gum.
-Tea and red wine are considered to be helpful in controlling excessive gas formation in your intestine. Having these beverages will help you avoid too much of flatulence.
-Try to live a stress free life. You are likely to swallow more air when you are anxious or under pressure.
-Wear loose clothes. Wearing loose fitting clothes will make you feel comfortable in case of bloating besides allowing free movement of gases within the body.
Compiled by: Salome Phelamei
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...