Simple tips to reduce stomach acid
London: Stomach acid is very important for digestion but it should not become very high, says a food expert. Avoiding spicy food is the best way to keep it under control.
According to Geeta Sidhu-Robb, raw food pioneer and creator of the Nosh Detox - a diet that helps in removing toxins from the body, one should avoid spicy food that causes such a problem.
She also shares other tips to reduce stomach acid, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
- Eat smaller and lighter meals regularly.
- Avoid eating late in the night, also sleep with your head in a raised position.
- Avoid peppermint tea.
- Losing weight provides a long term solution to stomach acid.
- Medications like aspirin and Ibuprofen make it worse.
- Avoid smoking as this makes the occurrence of acid reflux more likely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars