Simple tips to reduce stomach acid
London: Stomach acid is very important for digestion but it should not become very high, says a food expert. Avoiding spicy food is the best way to keep it under control.
According to Geeta Sidhu-Robb, raw food pioneer and creator of the Nosh Detox - a diet that helps in removing toxins from the body, one should avoid spicy food that causes such a problem.
She also shares other tips to reduce stomach acid, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
- Eat smaller and lighter meals regularly.
- Avoid eating late in the night, also sleep with your head in a raised position.
- Avoid peppermint tea.
- Losing weight provides a long term solution to stomach acid.
- Medications like aspirin and Ibuprofen make it worse.
- Avoid smoking as this makes the occurrence of acid reflux more likely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?