Smoky eyes made simple
Unraveling the enigma of the eternal beauty trend known as the smoky eyes look, veteran beauty expert and cosmetologist Bharti Taneja tells you how to pull off the look effortlessly.
Besides the standard charcoal smoky eyes, today there are also the bronzy, burgundy, shimmery gold variations that look equally stunning and super sensuous. This has widen the world of this look and now, it can be carried for both night and day. Whether you are going for a day date or an evening soiree, smoky eyes are perfect to give you a diva makeover in minutes.
Start with gently sweeping the eyelids with copper, silver, grey, blue or green eye shadow. Now with the help of an eye shadow brush, apply black eye shadow on the outer crease of the eyes and smudge well with a smudger brush. Blend well for a smoky finish which is long-lasting. A smart move – use silver or gold colour below the brow bone to ramp up the glam quotient.
Black is bold
Run deep black eyeliner over your lash line. A gel liner works perfect for this look as it smudges easily and beautifully, giving you the desired look.
Open up your eyes with two generous coats of mascara. Whether you pick soft or bold smoky eyes, mascara is an indispensable part of this look. It not just makes your lashes thick and smoldering, but also give them a sensuous feel.
One thing that flatters the Indian eyes gracefully is kohl. The sultry smoky eyes are incomplete without a sharp and defining line of kohl on your lower lash line. It makes them look big and beautiful in no time. Here’s a hot tip – to make small eyes look big, apply white pencil along the inner rim of your lash line.
(The author is the Director of ALPS Clinic and Academy)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical