Soothe the sunburn and keep the tan!
London: Several people like to soak up the sun to get a good tan, but getting sunburnt is not at all attractive. Experts suggest use of right moisturisers and natural products to soothe your skin.
Pick lotions with right ingredients and use milk and vinegar to calm those burns or inflamed skin. Get going by sticking to the following points to soothe burns and to still manage the tanned look, reports femalefirst.co.uk:
- Moisturise your skin generously. It keeps your skin soft and also prevents peeling, which often leads to burning.
- Aloe vera is an old favourite for soothing burns. Apply it directly on affected area to cool and help to stop peeling. Look for a sun lotion with this ingredient.
- Soak cotton in whole milk and apply to your burns for around 20 minutes. This should help reduce redness. Whole milk is a must as it is the fat which helps calm burns and the lactic acid promotes healing.
- Vinegar is great for reducing sunburn. Pour white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Shake well and then spray directly onto your sunburn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!