Soothe the sunburn and keep the tan!
London: Several people like to soak up the sun to get a good tan, but getting sunburnt is not at all attractive. Experts suggest use of right moisturisers and natural products to soothe your skin.
Pick lotions with right ingredients and use milk and vinegar to calm those burns or inflamed skin. Get going by sticking to the following points to soothe burns and to still manage the tanned look, reports femalefirst.co.uk:
- Moisturise your skin generously. It keeps your skin soft and also prevents peeling, which often leads to burning.
- Aloe vera is an old favourite for soothing burns. Apply it directly on affected area to cool and help to stop peeling. Look for a sun lotion with this ingredient.
- Soak cotton in whole milk and apply to your burns for around 20 minutes. This should help reduce redness. Whole milk is a must as it is the fat which helps calm burns and the lactic acid promotes healing.
- Vinegar is great for reducing sunburn. Pour white vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Shake well and then spray directly onto your sunburn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal