Ten reasons why you should have sex often
Zee Media Bureau/Liji Varghese
Thinking of making love? Good. Go ahead, as sex not only gives you the pleasure but also helps you relieve stress, sleep well and burn calories.
Let us take you through some of the great health reasons...
-Improves cardiovascular health
Having sex more than twice a week decreases heart attack risk among men.
Yes, sex is a great pain-reliever. Having a headache, just jump on to the bed as when you are about to orgasm, the level of oxytocin, increases by five times. The body also releases endorphins which help reduce aches and pains.
Regular intercourse increases the level of immune-boosting antibody immunoglobulin A (IgA), which makes your body stronger against illnesses.
Regular action between the sheets can help you handle stress better and makes you feel happier.
The sleep that you get after making love is much more relaxed, which in turn makes you feel alert and healthy.
-Improves overall fitness
Need to lose the extra flab? Then sex is indeed a good option as half an hour of love making burns more than 80 calories.
-Increases life span
Dehydroepiandrosterone a hormone released during sex improves your immunity and helps maintain and repair tissues thus improving your life span.
-Increases blood circulation
Having sex automatically increases your heart beats which in turn augments the supply of fresh blood to your organs and cells.
-Increases levels of estrogen and testosterone
So you think testosterone only keeps the men active during intercourse. Think twice. Testosterone not only gives you the high, but also makes your muscles and bones fit, checks on your cholesterol and keeps your heart healthy. Estrogen in turn protects the women from heart disease and also determines her body scent, which is very important to turn your man on.
-Helps you look younger
Making love at least thrice a week can make you look 10 years younger. During sex the body releases anti-inflammatory molecules such as oxytocin and beta endorphins which help repair damaged skin. Sex also releases the human growth hormone, which helps keep the wrinkles and bay. The improved blood circulation in the body during the act gives your skin a healthy glow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India