Ten reasons why you should have sex often
Zee Media Bureau/Liji Varghese
Thinking of making love? Good. Go ahead, as sex not only gives you the pleasure but also helps you relieve stress, sleep well and burn calories.
Let us take you through some of the great health reasons...
-Improves cardiovascular health
Having sex more than twice a week decreases heart attack risk among men.
Yes, sex is a great pain-reliever. Having a headache, just jump on to the bed as when you are about to orgasm, the level of oxytocin, increases by five times. The body also releases endorphins which help reduce aches and pains.
Regular intercourse increases the level of immune-boosting antibody immunoglobulin A (IgA), which makes your body stronger against illnesses.
Regular action between the sheets can help you handle stress better and makes you feel happier.
The sleep that you get after making love is much more relaxed, which in turn makes you feel alert and healthy.
-Improves overall fitness
Need to lose the extra flab? Then sex is indeed a good option as half an hour of love making burns more than 80 calories.
-Increases life span
Dehydroepiandrosterone a hormone released during sex improves your immunity and helps maintain and repair tissues thus improving your life span.
-Increases blood circulation
Having sex automatically increases your heart beats which in turn augments the supply of fresh blood to your organs and cells.
-Increases levels of estrogen and testosterone
So you think testosterone only keeps the men active during intercourse. Think twice. Testosterone not only gives you the high, but also makes your muscles and bones fit, checks on your cholesterol and keeps your heart healthy. Estrogen in turn protects the women from heart disease and also determines her body scent, which is very important to turn your man on.
-Helps you look younger
Making love at least thrice a week can make you look 10 years younger. During sex the body releases anti-inflammatory molecules such as oxytocin and beta endorphins which help repair damaged skin. Sex also releases the human growth hormone, which helps keep the wrinkles and bay. The improved blood circulation in the body during the act gives your skin a healthy glow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves