Tips for healthy pregnancy
One must take good care of themselves to remain and feel healthy before, during and post pregnancy. You can feel blissful during your pregnancy if you take good care of yourself. You may follow these steps for healthy pregnancy:
• Include a healthy variety of foods.
• Eat five or six well-balanced meals each day.
• Drink plenty of fluids, at least eight to ten glasses a day, avoid caffeine.
• Exercise--it`s important for your general health, and also to reduce stress. Take a pregnancy exercise class or walk at least 15 to 20 minutes every day at a moderate pace.
• Use non-medicinal remedies for problems like nausea, heartburn, and constipation.
• Don`t take over-the-counter medications or herbal remedies without consulting your obstetrician midwife.
• Take a prenatal vitamin each day as directed by your obstetrician.
• Don`t drink alcohol and don`t smoke or allow yourself to be exposed to passive smoking.
• Get adequate sleep--at least eight hours a night.
• Wear comfortable, non-restricting shoes to prevent fatigue and swelling of the feet, legs, and ankles.
• Wear a safety belt while riding in motor vehicles.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai