Tips for healthy pregnancy
One must take good care of themselves to remain and feel healthy before, during and post pregnancy. You can feel blissful during your pregnancy if you take good care of yourself. You may follow these steps for healthy pregnancy:
• Include a healthy variety of foods.
• Eat five or six well-balanced meals each day.
• Drink plenty of fluids, at least eight to ten glasses a day, avoid caffeine.
• Exercise--it`s important for your general health, and also to reduce stress. Take a pregnancy exercise class or walk at least 15 to 20 minutes every day at a moderate pace.
• Use non-medicinal remedies for problems like nausea, heartburn, and constipation.
• Don`t take over-the-counter medications or herbal remedies without consulting your obstetrician midwife.
• Take a prenatal vitamin each day as directed by your obstetrician.
• Don`t drink alcohol and don`t smoke or allow yourself to be exposed to passive smoking.
• Get adequate sleep--at least eight hours a night.
• Wear comfortable, non-restricting shoes to prevent fatigue and swelling of the feet, legs, and ankles.
• Wear a safety belt while riding in motor vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway