Tips to treat diabetes revealed
New Delhi: An expert has suggested certain things that everyone who has diabetes needs to do to be healthy.
According to Shubhda Bhanot, Nutritionist and Senior Diabetic Educator at Medanta, the Medicity, Gurgaon, with having a meal (eating) plan, diabetics need to pay attention to how much physical activity they engage in, because physical activity can help the body use insulin better so it can convert glucose into energy for cells, Diabetic Living India Magazine reported.
Some people with type 2 diabetes can manage their disease without medication by appropriate meal planning and adequate physical activity.
The expert suggested that everyone who has diabetes should be seen at least once every six months by a diabetes specialist (an endocrinologist).
Everyone who has diabetes should have regular eye test (once a year) by an ophthalmologist to make sure that any eye problems associated with diabetes are caught early, and treated before they become serious.
Bhanot said that all people with diabetes should get regular blood tests done, which should include lipid profile, kidney function and liver function test at least once a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials