Tips to treat diabetes revealed
New Delhi: An expert has suggested certain things that everyone who has diabetes needs to do to be healthy.
According to Shubhda Bhanot, Nutritionist and Senior Diabetic Educator at Medanta, the Medicity, Gurgaon, with having a meal (eating) plan, diabetics need to pay attention to how much physical activity they engage in, because physical activity can help the body use insulin better so it can convert glucose into energy for cells, Diabetic Living India Magazine reported.
Some people with type 2 diabetes can manage their disease without medication by appropriate meal planning and adequate physical activity.
The expert suggested that everyone who has diabetes should be seen at least once every six months by a diabetes specialist (an endocrinologist).
Everyone who has diabetes should have regular eye test (once a year) by an ophthalmologist to make sure that any eye problems associated with diabetes are caught early, and treated before they become serious.
Bhanot said that all people with diabetes should get regular blood tests done, which should include lipid profile, kidney function and liver function test at least once a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test