Top 10 anti-ageing foods
What you eat is what you are. Intake of food that is harmful for your body may lead to several problems like loss of energy, depression, ageing and can even prove to be fatal. So, what one really needs is a balanced diet to ensure a healthy and long life.
Doesn’t that first wrinkle line on your face trouble you day and night? Yes, it does. Growing old is inevitable. Ageing is the process that occurs when the body cells fall prey to external elements and wither off. So, don’t just sit and wait, rather indulge yourself in some implausible foods that help you regain that vigor and vitality. Anti-ageing foods can help you eat and drink your way to a longer life.
Here are the top 10 anti-ageing foods that you should start gorging on:
Berries: Blueberries and blackberries are a great source of flavonoids which are known to be powerful antioxidants. Gooseberries are also a very rich source of Vitamin C and highly useful to the body as they help in proper blood flow and provide minerals and salts necessary to sustain and protect the body against ageing as well as free radicals.
Green vegetables: Green leafy vegetables like broccoli, spinach, lettuce, salad leaves act as great antioxidants and are a good source of Vitamin C that prevents fine lines. For this reason these are highly beneficial for the body. They also contain lycopene and beta-carotene which help block UV rays to thwart ageing. Not only do they help keep the body weight under control but also help fight toxins and keeps all kind of diseases at bay.
Avocado: Avocado is one food that has an alkalising factor. Avocados are a rich source of Vitamin E which is essential for glowing skin, prolonging of the ageing of the skin and shining hair. It is also a rich source of potassium that prevents high blood pressure and helps in fluid retention.
Melons: Watermelon is known to be one of the best anti-ageing foods. Watermelons and muskmelons have an alkalising effect on the body. They contain nutrients like selenium, Vitamins A, B, C and E, essential fats and zinc, which provides the body with essential fluids.
Nuts: Nuts like almonds, cashew and walnuts are powerhouses of energy. Consuming a healthy amount of nuts on a daily basis helps fight ageing and laziness and supplies the body with immense energy.
Yogurt: Yogurt contains important minerals like potassium, calcium, protein and B vitamins. Most important of all it contains bacteria which helps in absorption of nutrients in the intestines and stabilises the immune system. Yogurt is also good for the skin. It has excellent anti-fungal properties. Regular application of yogurt on the affected sites works like magic and cures skin infections permanently, even without the use of medicines.
Salmon: Salmon being a rich source of protein is a perfect and complete food for people with an excuse that they don’t enjoy eating vegetables. It is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids which make the skin healthy. Including salmon in your diet at least thrice a week will give best results.
Garlic: Yes, garlic which is an important ingredient of our day to day food is one of the most important foods provided to us by nature. There are numerous benefits of this wonder ingredient as it helps prevent cell degeneration, keeps the blood thin and also prevents heart diseases. It also acts as an excellent antioxidant and thus helps in retarding growth of abnormal cells thereby preventing ageing. When eaten in the raw form, it proves to be most beneficial.
Ginger: It basically helps in good digestion and keeps the bowel movement in shape, thereby enabling good health. It is therefore essential for the body. It also acts as a good anti-ageing food.
Water: And last but certainly not the least, water is among the best options to fight ageing. It flushes out all the toxins from the body and also provides fluidity for the flow of blood. It is advisable to consume as much water as possible for that healthy and glowing skin. But, it is recommended to have at least 8 glasses of water to keep diseases at bay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened