Top 5 healthy New Year resolutions
It’s the time of the year when all of us are busy thinking of making resolutions. They seem very exciting at first, but all the energy and enthusiasm soon fiddles out. But not this time, this New Year, take a resolution to treat your body right and and take a commitment to living healthy. Everyone wants to look beautiful and slimmer this new year, but unfortunately no one wants to work towards achieving that goal. So, read these instructions which you must have read and heard repeatedly everywhere but you dismissed them on some trivial grounds and never really followed them. But now rise up and take a resolution to actually pursue all these tips. But the most important thing is to feel good about yourself .Say to yourself- `I love my body`!
In this era of technology and science, we are continuously becoming slaves to machines and gadgets speckled round us. We become so increasingly dependent on them that lethargy takes over. Shun this habit right away and make your body work. Try to inject each day with some physical activity. Instead of using the lift everytime, take stairs. Instead of pulling over that car for going to a nearby shop, just walk till there. Devote some time everyday in brisk walking or jogging.
Quit smoking and excessive drinking:
Okay, you must have heard this a zillion times through a plethora of messages, advertisements, advices, suggestions all pleading you to get rid of these deadly habits. But you just won’t listen thinking that nothing can happen to you. But the next victim could be you. So, take charge of your life and recognize the dangers swarming ahead of you in the form of these two lethal habits. Quitting smoking might be the most challenging resolution, but challenge yourself this time and face up to your limitations.
Limit your intake of sugar and salt:
Sugar increases triglycerides, cholesterol, and insulin can harm the immune system .This applies for everyone and not just the diabetics. Always check food labels before buying products and look for hidden sugar such as corn syrup, sucrose, glucose, and lactose. In the same manner excessive intake of salt is very bad for the body, as it causes water retention and makes you look bloated and also increases blood pressure. Have both these items in moderation and keep a check on what you eat.
People across the world are committing less time for sleep and fill in other activities instead of it. Almost 70 different sleep disorders have been identified and 60 percent of adults report having sleep problems .This lack of sleep has been shown to impact motivation, concentration, energy, and weight gain/loss and can affect memory and your moods. So, always put sleep first before all other important activities. Making a commitment to get the proper quantity and quality of sleep can help you get focused, feel motivated, and have energy to achieve your goals including these resolutions as well .So, don’t wait and just get started!
In this hectic life, we all are prone to stress and tension, no denying that. Stress is an inevitable part of life and short bouts of stress give us an energy boost .But the moment it magnifies, it can take the form of a chronic one escalating into insomnia, depression and other mental disorders. So, you have to figure out how to deal with stressful situations and not let them get inside your nerves. For this , meditate everyday and build up a support system for yourself. Don’t isolate yourself from others and keep your friends and family at near proximity. Spend time with them and share your life with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM