Top five tips for relieving muscle pain naturally
What do you do when you have muscle soreness and you can’t move freely? Muscle pain often develops following vigorous physical activities such as forceful exercise, marathon, mountain climbing, etc, that your body is not familiar to.
Here are five wonderful tips to help you relieve from irritating muscle pain:
Move around: Try moving around the house or your neighbourhood even if you feel like taking rest on your couch. Take a deep breath, raise your arms over your head. This will help your blood flows into those sore muscles and you will feel relaxed.
Massage: Massaging the painful areas in correct form will help improve blood circulation giving you a huge relief. Muscles eventually stiffen due to poor blood circulation. It also happens due to oxygen shortage during the process of converting glycogen into glucose after the strenuous activity as your body burned energy.
Stretch: Gently stretching the overworked muscles for at least 30 minutes is one of the best and quick remedies for pain and strains relief.
Drink plenty of water: Drink lots of water before, during and after you do your activity. When you exercise or do something, you sweat. Hence, that sweat reduces your body of required fluids and that can cause your muscle to defiance. But, take according to the needs of your activity as too much water can cause hazardous imbalance in the body’s mineral stores. Avoid caffeine and alcohol to avoid dehydration.
Protein: After a rigorous work or activity, your muscles need protein to rebuild your energy stores. Go for natural sources of protein such as fish, poultry, lean meats, nuts, lentils, etc.
Compiled by: Salome Phelamei
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug