Top five tips for relieving muscle pain naturally
What do you do when you have muscle soreness and you can’t move freely? Muscle pain often develops following vigorous physical activities such as forceful exercise, marathon, mountain climbing, etc, that your body is not familiar to.
Here are five wonderful tips to help you relieve from irritating muscle pain:
Move around: Try moving around the house or your neighbourhood even if you feel like taking rest on your couch. Take a deep breath, raise your arms over your head. This will help your blood flows into those sore muscles and you will feel relaxed.
Massage: Massaging the painful areas in correct form will help improve blood circulation giving you a huge relief. Muscles eventually stiffen due to poor blood circulation. It also happens due to oxygen shortage during the process of converting glycogen into glucose after the strenuous activity as your body burned energy.
Stretch: Gently stretching the overworked muscles for at least 30 minutes is one of the best and quick remedies for pain and strains relief.
Drink plenty of water: Drink lots of water before, during and after you do your activity. When you exercise or do something, you sweat. Hence, that sweat reduces your body of required fluids and that can cause your muscle to defiance. But, take according to the needs of your activity as too much water can cause hazardous imbalance in the body’s mineral stores. Avoid caffeine and alcohol to avoid dehydration.
Protein: After a rigorous work or activity, your muscles need protein to rebuild your energy stores. Go for natural sources of protein such as fish, poultry, lean meats, nuts, lentils, etc.
Compiled by: Salome Phelamei
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon