Top five tips for relieving muscle pain naturally
What do you do when you have muscle soreness and you can’t move freely? Muscle pain often develops following vigorous physical activities such as forceful exercise, marathon, mountain climbing, etc, that your body is not familiar to.
Here are five wonderful tips to help you relieve from irritating muscle pain:
Move around: Try moving around the house or your neighbourhood even if you feel like taking rest on your couch. Take a deep breath, raise your arms over your head. This will help your blood flows into those sore muscles and you will feel relaxed.
Massage: Massaging the painful areas in correct form will help improve blood circulation giving you a huge relief. Muscles eventually stiffen due to poor blood circulation. It also happens due to oxygen shortage during the process of converting glycogen into glucose after the strenuous activity as your body burned energy.
Stretch: Gently stretching the overworked muscles for at least 30 minutes is one of the best and quick remedies for pain and strains relief.
Drink plenty of water: Drink lots of water before, during and after you do your activity. When you exercise or do something, you sweat. Hence, that sweat reduces your body of required fluids and that can cause your muscle to defiance. But, take according to the needs of your activity as too much water can cause hazardous imbalance in the body’s mineral stores. Avoid caffeine and alcohol to avoid dehydration.
Protein: After a rigorous work or activity, your muscles need protein to rebuild your energy stores. Go for natural sources of protein such as fish, poultry, lean meats, nuts, lentils, etc.
Compiled by: Salome Phelamei
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post