Top five winter foods for that beautiful radiant skin!
Once again the cold winter season has arrived and the chilly dry wind can play havoc on your skin, lips, cheeks and other parts of the body. To avoid the harsh skin conditions caused by the cold winter winds, you need to prepare yourself not just changing your outward skincare regimens but also eating the right foods for your inner beauty.
After all, a healthy diet plays a vital role in sustaining an angelic complexion. Hence, what you consume can provide a powerful protection from dryness, UV damage as well as reducing the wrinkle lines lavishing you with a smooth silky skin. Here are five of the best foods which are believed to keep your skin healthy and beautiful during winter:
Carrots: Carrots have carotenoids beta carotene and lycopene - both of which may guard your skin against UV damage. Eating carrots can help prevent skin dryness and removes pigmentation as well as blemishes from the skin due to presence of vitamin A. Carrots have many health benefits apart from acting as a skin care food.
Grapefruit: Eating grapefruit can keep your skin healthy and reverse the signs of ageing. Grapefruit extract has been used in anti-ageing potions for hundreds of years. Grapefruits are the best sources of anti-oxidants that has ever been found, which is keys to healthy, younger looking and supple skin.
All citrus fruits like oranges and tangerines contain high amount of anti-oxidants but grapefruit has the highest quantity of it.
Omega-3-rich fish: Try having omega-3-rich fish like tune twice a week. This may help you keep your skin looking younger and may even prevent cancer. EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), one of the omega-3 fats in fatty fish, has been shown to conserve collagen, a fibrous protein that keeps skin firm. They are not just good for your skin but beneficial for your heart as well.
Spinach: Spinach is considered a winter super-food. Packed with full nutrients, it has a special role in skin care. The vitamins and minerals content in spinach can give you a radiant youthful look and help you avoid having dry and irritated skin. Eat spinach regularly for a healthy skin.
Broccoli: Research has shown that eating more vitamin C-rich foods like broccoli may help ward off wrinkles and age-related dryness. Broccoli, which is filled with skin-boosting ingredients like vitamins A, C, and natural estrogens, is a perfect winter food as it achieves the objective by soothing the skin by addressing the free radicals as well as building the collagen levels in the body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam