Winter special: Tips to prevent chapped lips
Chapped lips? Yes? That means winters is here in all its glory.
Dry winter air, the sudden blasts of wind, and the low humidity indoors can dehydrate your lips. We take extra precaution and cover our self from top to toe but our poor lips get exposed to the harsh winds. Continuous exposure to such winds makes them very fragile that tiny splits and cracks start to appear. That is quite a miserable thing and your skin peels off constantly leaving you in pain. Well, if you follow some tips, you can help ward off this misery:
Drink lots of fluids: Just because it is winter, doesn’t mean you should limit your fluid intake. Summer or winter, have 8-10 glasses of water per day. When our body gets dehydrated, the first sign appears in your lips. So have enough water and other fluids and keep your body hydrated.
Stick to home remedies and ointments: Unflavored lip balm, aloe vera and Vitamin E ointment are quite effective in soothing cracked lips. The best home remedy is to rub a cucumber slice on your lips daily for about 10 minutes. You can also go for almond, olive, coconut, or any other natural oil or even honey and milk juice.
Avoid using costly cosmetics: All the fancy beauty products may promise you a lot and those pictures of luscious lips might tempt you but the truth is different. These cosmetics contain a lot of chemicals and provide temporary relief but can actually dry your lips out eventully.
Use fluoride free toothpaste: Certain people have allergy to the fluoride found in toothpastes which affects their lips. Try switching to a fluoride free toothpaste.
Don't lick your lips: Now this is the most common thing we all do when we have chapped lips. But little do we realise that it aggravates the chapping. Licking lips doesn't moisturize them. As saliva evaporates, it dehydrates the skin further causing more discomfort. So the next time you have that urge, just stop right there.
Moisturize chapped lips : Keep them moisturized as much as possible and avoid as much exposure to the elements until they are healed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP