Dubai bans tobacco sale for 24 hours
Dubai: Dubai Municipality has banned sale of tobacco products for 24 hours in the entire emirate to observe the World No Tobacco Day Thursday.
The ban was announced by Redha Salaman, director of Public Health and Safety Department at Dubai Municipality Wednesday.
World No Tobacco Day is observed around the world every year May 31 and meant to encourage a 24-hour period of abstinence from all forms of tobacco consumption across the globe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP