10 killed, scores injured in bus accident in HP
Shimla: Ten persons were on Tuesday killed and scores of others injured when a packed bus fell into a deep gorge at Nagori in the Chopal area of Shimla district, 140 kms from here.
Six persons died on the spot while four succumbed to injuries on way to the hospital, police said, adding, the death toll could rise as conditions of some was stated to be critical.
The state-run Himachal Road Transport Corporation bus was carrying 50 passengers from Shimla to Pahlog. The mishap took place when the driver tried to reverse the vehicle to give way to another bus coming from opposite side and fell into a deep gorge, police said.
The injured were rushed to hospitals at Nerwa and Chopal while some seriously injured persons have been referred to IGMC hospital here.
Police said six bodies have been recovered from the spot and injured persons were extricated from the wreckage of the bus with the help of local people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani