10 killed, scores injured in bus accident in HP
Shimla: Ten persons were on Tuesday killed and scores of others injured when a packed bus fell into a deep gorge at Nagori in the Chopal area of Shimla district, 140 kms from here.
Six persons died on the spot while four succumbed to injuries on way to the hospital, police said, adding, the death toll could rise as conditions of some was stated to be critical.
The state-run Himachal Road Transport Corporation bus was carrying 50 passengers from Shimla to Pahlog. The mishap took place when the driver tried to reverse the vehicle to give way to another bus coming from opposite side and fell into a deep gorge, police said.
The injured were rushed to hospitals at Nerwa and Chopal while some seriously injured persons have been referred to IGMC hospital here.
Police said six bodies have been recovered from the spot and injured persons were extricated from the wreckage of the bus with the help of local people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das