10 killed, scores injured in bus accident in HP
Shimla: Ten persons were on Tuesday killed and scores of others injured when a packed bus fell into a deep gorge at Nagori in the Chopal area of Shimla district, 140 kms from here.
Six persons died on the spot while four succumbed to injuries on way to the hospital, police said, adding, the death toll could rise as conditions of some was stated to be critical.
The state-run Himachal Road Transport Corporation bus was carrying 50 passengers from Shimla to Pahlog. The mishap took place when the driver tried to reverse the vehicle to give way to another bus coming from opposite side and fell into a deep gorge, police said.
The injured were rushed to hospitals at Nerwa and Chopal while some seriously injured persons have been referred to IGMC hospital here.
Police said six bodies have been recovered from the spot and injured persons were extricated from the wreckage of the bus with the help of local people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony