10 killed, scores injured in bus accident in HP
Shimla: Ten persons were on Tuesday killed and scores of others injured when a packed bus fell into a deep gorge at Nagori in the Chopal area of Shimla district, 140 kms from here.
Six persons died on the spot while four succumbed to injuries on way to the hospital, police said, adding, the death toll could rise as conditions of some was stated to be critical.
The state-run Himachal Road Transport Corporation bus was carrying 50 passengers from Shimla to Pahlog. The mishap took place when the driver tried to reverse the vehicle to give way to another bus coming from opposite side and fell into a deep gorge, police said.
The injured were rushed to hospitals at Nerwa and Chopal while some seriously injured persons have been referred to IGMC hospital here.
Police said six bodies have been recovered from the spot and injured persons were extricated from the wreckage of the bus with the help of local people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon