100 people, including sick and tourists, evacuated from Kinnaur
Shimla: About 100 people, including tourists and sick persons, were evacuated from Sangla, Hamgo, Rekong Peo and other places in the rain-ravaged tribal district of Kinnaur by state and IAF choppers.
Sixty persons, including some sick persons, were airlifted from Sangla Valley to Rampur while nine sick people were evacuated from Hango.
About a dozen people were airlifted from Rekong Peo while election officials for the June 27 polling in Kinnaur Assembly segment of Mandi Lok Sabha constituency were also dropped at various places in the tribal district.
Meanwhile, some areas in the state experienced heavy rains and Paonta Sahib was wettest in the region with 149 mm of rains while Gohar and Pandoh in Mandi district had 110 mm and 76 mm of rains, followed by Banjar 55 mm, Baijnath 46 mm, Sunnibajji 43 mm and Karsog 42 mm.
Intermittent heavy rains are continuing in various parts of the state and state capital Shimla which recorded 11.2 mm of rains till this morning and is experiencing heavy rains since this afternoon.
The local MeT office has predicted heavy to very heavy rains at some places in the state in the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman
- Finally! Ringing Bells ready with two lakh Freedom 251 phones: Mohit Goel