17 killed, 21 injured as bus falls into gorge in Himachal
Nahan: Seventeen persons were killed and twelve seriously injured when a bus fell 400 metres deep into a gorge near village Milla of Sirmaur district, 110 kms from here, on Wednesday.
Seven persons died on the spot, two on way to hospital while eight persons succumbed to their injuries in hospital at Paonta Sahib, Sirmaur SP Sumedha told PTI.
All the bodies have been recovered and ten out of seventeen victims identified.
The injured were rushed to nearby Shillai hospital and shifted to Sub Divisional hospital, Paonta Sahib, after administering first aid.
The condition of five injured persons was stated to be critical and they are being referred to PGI, Chandigarh.
The bus was on its way from Milla to Paonta Sahib when the tragedy struck.
The deceased were identified as Dimple (12), Attar Singh (38), Nisha (35), Vir Singh (37), Santosh (17), Chander Kala (17), Tapender (14) Jayanti Devi (40), Khajan Singh and Santo (45) while seven dead are yet to be identified.
Seventeen persons have been admitted to hospital at Poanta while four were admitted at Shillai.
A magisterial inquiry has been ordered to ascertain the cause of the accident.
Most of the accident victims hail from Milla and Magnal village while one of the deceased was from village Phadog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back