40 killed as bus falls into gorge in Rajera
Shimla: At least 40 people were on Saturday killed and 20 others injured when an overcrowded bus veered off the road and fell into a gorge near Rajera, 8 kms from the district headquarter of Chamba.
While 32 people died on the spot, eight injured persons succumbed to injuries on way to hospital.
The bus was on its way to Chamba from Dulera when it plunged into the gorge near Rajera, K C Shadyal, ADGP, Law and Order, said.
The injured have been admitted to hospital.
Rescue operations are in full swing, he said, adding the toll could rise.
Most of the deceased were from Chamba district.
Chief Minister P K Dhumal has expressed grief over the tragedy and directed the local administration to provide relief to the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1