40 new LPG agencies to be opened in far flung areas of HP
Shimla: As many as 40 new LPG agencies will be opened in the remote areas of Himachal Pradesh under the Rajiv Gandhi Yojana to ensure ready availability of LPG in the rural and remote areas at lower price.
Replying to a question of Maheshwer Singh (HLP), the state Transport Minister G S Bali said in the Assembly today that 49 gas agencies were allotted to state under the Rajiv Gandhi Yojana by the Centre and so far nine agencies have been allotted and 40 more agencies will be opened in the state soon.
People in far flung areas, specially in the Malana area of Kullu district, are forced to bear high price of up to Rs 1,200 even for a single subsidised LPG cylinder, due to heavy carriage charges, Singh had pointed out.
When people are protesting over increase in LPG prices in urban areas, how can poor people in remote areas bear this high cost of LPG, he wondered.
"If the government failed to provide LPG at normal rates, people will be inclined to indulge in illegal activities," Singh had cautioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning