40 new LPG agencies to be opened in far flung areas of HP
Shimla: As many as 40 new LPG agencies will be opened in the remote areas of Himachal Pradesh under the Rajiv Gandhi Yojana to ensure ready availability of LPG in the rural and remote areas at lower price.
Replying to a question of Maheshwer Singh (HLP), the state Transport Minister G S Bali said in the Assembly today that 49 gas agencies were allotted to state under the Rajiv Gandhi Yojana by the Centre and so far nine agencies have been allotted and 40 more agencies will be opened in the state soon.
People in far flung areas, specially in the Malana area of Kullu district, are forced to bear high price of up to Rs 1,200 even for a single subsidised LPG cylinder, due to heavy carriage charges, Singh had pointed out.
When people are protesting over increase in LPG prices in urban areas, how can poor people in remote areas bear this high cost of LPG, he wondered.
"If the government failed to provide LPG at normal rates, people will be inclined to indulge in illegal activities," Singh had cautioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest