41 applicants approved for Skill Development Allowance in HP
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh government has so far approved 41 unemployed youths for grant of allowance of Rs 1,000 per month under its Skill Development Allowance scheme.
Giving the information to the state assembly, Industries minister Mukesh Agnihotri said that there was no beneficiary from Chamba, Hamirpur, Lahaul Spiti and Kinnaur.
Amid heated exchanges with opposition members, the Industries minister told the house that the state government had made the scheme flexible to benefit more people now.
"We have lowered the age limit to 18 years from 25 and qualification from plus two to matriculation so that more unemployed youths in the state could come under its ambit," Agnihotri said.
It was the flagship scheme of the government under which it would spend Rs 500 crore over a period of five years to cover five lakh unemployed youth, he said.
He said there was no need to constitute skill development authority as department is competent enough to run the scheme efficiently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!