81 cases against Patanjali for violation of land laws: CM
Dehradun: Eighty-one cases have been registered against yoga guru Ramdev`s Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust in Uttarakhand for gross violation of land laws, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna said on Wednesday.
The cases have been registered against the Trust for illegally encroaching 7.766 acres of gram sabha and government land in two villages -- Shatarshah and Aurangabad -- in Haridwar district over the past two years, he said.
Quoting from a report submitted by Haridwar District Magistrate Nidhi Pandey, Bahuguna told reporters here that the cases have been registered by the DM under different sections of the Zamindari Abolition and Land Reforms (ZALR) Act and the Indian Stamps Act.
Out of a total of 81 cases, 29 have been registered under the ZALR Act and 52 under the Indian Stamps Act involving more than Rs 10 crore.
The process of instituting action against the Trust is on and in the next one week more cases can be registered against it, Bahuguna said.
Many benami transanctions of land in favour of the Trust have also been noticed, he said.
"Such transactions have already been identified and suitable action as per law is being taken to vest land involved in such transactions with the state," the Chief Minister said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'