81 cases against Patanjali for violation of land laws: CM
Dehradun: Eighty-one cases have been registered against yoga guru Ramdev`s Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust in Uttarakhand for gross violation of land laws, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna said on Wednesday.
The cases have been registered against the Trust for illegally encroaching 7.766 acres of gram sabha and government land in two villages -- Shatarshah and Aurangabad -- in Haridwar district over the past two years, he said.
Quoting from a report submitted by Haridwar District Magistrate Nidhi Pandey, Bahuguna told reporters here that the cases have been registered by the DM under different sections of the Zamindari Abolition and Land Reforms (ZALR) Act and the Indian Stamps Act.
Out of a total of 81 cases, 29 have been registered under the ZALR Act and 52 under the Indian Stamps Act involving more than Rs 10 crore.
The process of instituting action against the Trust is on and in the next one week more cases can be registered against it, Bahuguna said.
Many benami transanctions of land in favour of the Trust have also been noticed, he said.
"Such transactions have already been identified and suitable action as per law is being taken to vest land involved in such transactions with the state," the Chief Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video