995 nominations filed for Himachal Pradesh assembly polls
Shimla: A record 955 nominations have been filed by 600-odd candidates for the Himachal Pradesh Assembly polls on November 4.
Some candidates have filed more than one set of nominations for the 68-member House, election department sources said on Thursday.
Yesterday was the last day of filing nominations, which began on October 10.
As many as 254 nominations were filed for 15 seats in Kangra district, 142 for ten seats in Mandi, 78 for eight seats in Shimla, 95 for five seats in Hamirpur, 80 for five seats in Una, 68 for five seats in Sirmaur, 64 for five seats in Solan, 60 for five seats in Chamba, 58 for four seats in Bilaspur and 44 for four seats in Kullu.
Meanwhile, Himachal Pradesh Chief Electoral Officer today asked all candidates and political parties to keep their accounts of expenditure updated.
"A strict vigil is being kept on election expenditure of political parties and contesting candidates during the assembly elections by Media Certification and Monitoring Committee (MCMC)," CEO Narinder Chauhan said.
State police observers has also been deployed by the Election Commission to supervise the operation of flying squads and static surveillance teams in the state, he said.
"It would ensure that all the complaints are promptly acted upon by the flying squad in a fair and impartial manner," Chauhan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list