ABVP opposes BJP Govt inviting pvt parties in varsity edu
Shimla: The BJP government`s decisions to
encourage private institutions set up university in Himachal
Pradesh today received opposition from an unexpected quarter
ABVP, its student wing, which vehemently protested
"commercialisation of education".
Addressing a seminar here, national president of ABVP,
Umesh Thakur opposed privatisation of education in the hill
"There are number of stories how education is being
Commercialised by Industrialists, Politicians and Bureaucrats
in the states like Maharashtra, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
and now this evil has entered Himachal Pradesh which is
detrimental to the interests of the students and effected
quality of education," senior ABVP leader Nagesh Thakur said.
Raising concern over a large number of pivate
universities coming in the state, many other ABVP leaders
pointed out that these universities are purchasing
agricultural lands of poor farmers and some of these have no
past experience in the area of University education.
Seven Universities have already come up and 17 others
have been issued letter of intent by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'