ABVP opposes BJP Govt inviting pvt parties in varsity edu
Shimla: The BJP government`s decisions to
encourage private institutions set up university in Himachal
Pradesh today received opposition from an unexpected quarter
ABVP, its student wing, which vehemently protested
"commercialisation of education".
Addressing a seminar here, national president of ABVP,
Umesh Thakur opposed privatisation of education in the hill
"There are number of stories how education is being
Commercialised by Industrialists, Politicians and Bureaucrats
in the states like Maharashtra, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
and now this evil has entered Himachal Pradesh which is
detrimental to the interests of the students and effected
quality of education," senior ABVP leader Nagesh Thakur said.
Raising concern over a large number of pivate
universities coming in the state, many other ABVP leaders
pointed out that these universities are purchasing
agricultural lands of poor farmers and some of these have no
past experience in the area of University education.
Seven Universities have already come up and 17 others
have been issued letter of intent by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!