After BJP`s protest, Himachal EC swaps rose with truck
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh election commission has cancelled the `rose` symbol alloted to some candidates in panchayat elections after BJP objected that it could mislead
voters because of its resemblance with party`s `lotus` sign.
Election commission has swapped rose with `truck` after BJP lodged a protest, saying rose symbol allotted to some independents in panchayat elections, which are held on
non-party basis, resembles lotus and will mislead voters.
A record number of more than 90,000 candidates filed nominations this time as separate nominations were filed for the post of panchayat vice-president, who would be elected
through direct vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked