After BJP`s protest, Himachal EC swaps rose with truck
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh election commission has cancelled the `rose` symbol alloted to some candidates in panchayat elections after BJP objected that it could mislead
voters because of its resemblance with party`s `lotus` sign.
Election commission has swapped rose with `truck` after BJP lodged a protest, saying rose symbol allotted to some independents in panchayat elections, which are held on
non-party basis, resembles lotus and will mislead voters.
A record number of more than 90,000 candidates filed nominations this time as separate nominations were filed for the post of panchayat vice-president, who would be elected
through direct vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar
- BlackBerry DTEK50: 5 reasons why is it touted to be world's most secured smartphone
- Rocky, the Orangutan, mimics human sounds – Watch it to believe it
- Turkey continues crackdown, shuts dozens of media outlets
- Apple to rely on apps and services after disappointing sales