After BJP`s protest, Himachal EC swaps rose with truck
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh election commission has cancelled the `rose` symbol alloted to some candidates in panchayat elections after BJP objected that it could mislead
voters because of its resemblance with party`s `lotus` sign.
Election commission has swapped rose with `truck` after BJP lodged a protest, saying rose symbol allotted to some independents in panchayat elections, which are held on
non-party basis, resembles lotus and will mislead voters.
A record number of more than 90,000 candidates filed nominations this time as separate nominations were filed for the post of panchayat vice-president, who would be elected
through direct vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa