After BJP`s protest, Himachal EC swaps rose with truck
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh election commission has cancelled the `rose` symbol alloted to some candidates in panchayat elections after BJP objected that it could mislead
voters because of its resemblance with party`s `lotus` sign.
Election commission has swapped rose with `truck` after BJP lodged a protest, saying rose symbol allotted to some independents in panchayat elections, which are held on
non-party basis, resembles lotus and will mislead voters.
A record number of more than 90,000 candidates filed nominations this time as separate nominations were filed for the post of panchayat vice-president, who would be elected
through direct vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi