After BJP`s protest, Himachal EC swaps rose with truck
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh election commission has cancelled the `rose` symbol alloted to some candidates in panchayat elections after BJP objected that it could mislead
voters because of its resemblance with party`s `lotus` sign.
Election commission has swapped rose with `truck` after BJP lodged a protest, saying rose symbol allotted to some independents in panchayat elections, which are held on
non-party basis, resembles lotus and will mislead voters.
A record number of more than 90,000 candidates filed nominations this time as separate nominations were filed for the post of panchayat vice-president, who would be elected
through direct vote.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals