Anurag Thakur seeks probe into allegations against Virbhadra family
Dharamsala: Facing heat over his alleged involvement in land and hawala scams, BJP MP Anurag Thakur on Sunday challenged Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh to order a probe into allegations against his own family members.
Alleging that some people were trying to drag his name into the hawala scam in which the Karmapa is also an accused, Thakur demanded a simultaneous inquiry into allegations against Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife that they took unsecured loan of Rs 4 crore from an individual.
"My name is being unnecessarily dragged into the case. I am ready for a probe if the Chief Minister orders a time-bound investigation into allegations against him," he said.
"I challenge the Chief Minister if he has the courage then initiate a probe into the case," he added.
Thakur, who has been booked for illegally buying allotted land from a landless, said, in 90 per cent of cases, beneficiaries have sold land allotted to them by the government.
The BJP MP, who has been asked to appear before the Vigilance Bureau on October 24, his birthday, said, "On birthday even enemies wish good messages, but this government has lost all standards of courtesy in politics and the inquiry date has been changed from October 22 to October 24."
"I will appear before the Vigilance Bureau as it is a unique birthday gift to me by the state government," he told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!