Anurag Thakur seeks probe into allegations against Virbhadra family
Dharamsala: Facing heat over his alleged involvement in land and hawala scams, BJP MP Anurag Thakur on Sunday challenged Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh to order a probe into allegations against his own family members.
Alleging that some people were trying to drag his name into the hawala scam in which the Karmapa is also an accused, Thakur demanded a simultaneous inquiry into allegations against Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife that they took unsecured loan of Rs 4 crore from an individual.
"My name is being unnecessarily dragged into the case. I am ready for a probe if the Chief Minister orders a time-bound investigation into allegations against him," he said.
"I challenge the Chief Minister if he has the courage then initiate a probe into the case," he added.
Thakur, who has been booked for illegally buying allotted land from a landless, said, in 90 per cent of cases, beneficiaries have sold land allotted to them by the government.
The BJP MP, who has been asked to appear before the Vigilance Bureau on October 24, his birthday, said, "On birthday even enemies wish good messages, but this government has lost all standards of courtesy in politics and the inquiry date has been changed from October 22 to October 24."
"I will appear before the Vigilance Bureau as it is a unique birthday gift to me by the state government," he told reporters here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India