At least 11 killed in Himachal road accident
Shimla: At least 11 people were killed and nine injured when an overcrowded multi-utility vehicle skidded off the road and fell into a gorge in Himachal Pradesh`s Sirmaur district Saturday, police said.
The injured were admitted to the Civil Hospital in Paonta Sahib. Some of the injured have been referred to Chandigarh`s Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER).
The accident took place near Timbi village near Paonta Sahib town, about 120 km from district headquarters town of Nahan, Additional Superintendent of Police Sanjeev Lakhanpal said on telephone.
He said most of the victims belonged to villages in Shillai block of Paonta Sahib subdivision.
Eyewitnesses told the police the driver was driving the vehicle rashly.
Sirmaur is among the remote areas of the state, where very few passenger buses ply on roads, leading to overcrowding of private vehicles.
- Deaths in rehabilitation home: Raje govt suspends erring officials
- IPL 9: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab – Probable playing XIs; players to watch out for
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers