At least 11 killed in Himachal road accident
Shimla: At least 11 people were killed and nine injured when an overcrowded multi-utility vehicle skidded off the road and fell into a gorge in Himachal Pradesh`s Sirmaur district Saturday, police said.
The injured were admitted to the Civil Hospital in Paonta Sahib. Some of the injured have been referred to Chandigarh`s Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER).
The accident took place near Timbi village near Paonta Sahib town, about 120 km from district headquarters town of Nahan, Additional Superintendent of Police Sanjeev Lakhanpal said on telephone.
He said most of the victims belonged to villages in Shillai block of Paonta Sahib subdivision.
Eyewitnesses told the police the driver was driving the vehicle rashly.
Sirmaur is among the remote areas of the state, where very few passenger buses ply on roads, leading to overcrowding of private vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack