At minus 2 degrees, Himachal Pradesh`s Keylong shivers
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh witnessed a sunny but chilly day on Sunday with temperatures in many areas staying below freezing point.
"It was a bright, sunny day across the state with chances of rain and snow at some places in the state from November 05 to 07," an official of the meteorological office told a news agency.
He said Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti, was the coldest with a minimum temperature of minus two degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district was close to the freezing point at 0.2 degrees, while the temperature was 2 degrees in Manali and 15.2 degrees in Dharamsala.
Shimla`s night temperature was 7.2 degree Celsius.
The Met Office has forecast snow and rain across the state due to active western disturbance from November 05.
Western disturbance is a term used for a storm system that generates in the Mediterranean and brings rain or snow in the northwestern parts of the Indian subcontinent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!