At minus 2 degrees, Himachal Pradesh`s Keylong shivers
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh witnessed a sunny but chilly day on Sunday with temperatures in many areas staying below freezing point.
"It was a bright, sunny day across the state with chances of rain and snow at some places in the state from November 05 to 07," an official of the meteorological office told a news agency.
He said Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti, was the coldest with a minimum temperature of minus two degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district was close to the freezing point at 0.2 degrees, while the temperature was 2 degrees in Manali and 15.2 degrees in Dharamsala.
Shimla`s night temperature was 7.2 degree Celsius.
The Met Office has forecast snow and rain across the state due to active western disturbance from November 05.
Western disturbance is a term used for a storm system that generates in the Mediterranean and brings rain or snow in the northwestern parts of the Indian subcontinent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'