Avalanche hits Kinnaur in HP, seven missing
Shimla: At least seven people were missing after an avalanche hit their homes in Himachal Pradesh`s Kinnaur district early Wednesday, an official said.
Rescue teams have been sent to the remote hamlet Kafnu in Bhaba Valley, about 275 km from here, Deputy Commissioner JM Pathania said.
He said the avalanche hit two houses. While seven occupants were missing, six others managed to escape.
Kinnaur district has been witnessing heavy snow for the past three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back