Avalanche threat over high altitude tribal areas of Himachal
Shimla: Avalanche threat loomed large over high altitude areas of Himachal Pradesh which are experiencing snowfall and intense cold wave conditions continued unabated in the state on Thursday.
The high altitude areas had intermittent snowfall while mid and lower hills received widespread rains.
Udaipur and Keylong in Lahaul valley recorded 20cm and 10 cm of snow while Kalpa in adjoining district of Kinnaur had 10 cm of snow.
Bharmaur tribal valley in Chambs district received another spell of snow, causing a sharp fall in mercury which plummeted to minus 13 degree C.
However, mercury rose marginally in other tribal areas and Keylong and Kalpa recorded minimum temperatures at minus 5.1 dgree and minus 3 degree, while Dalhousie recorded a low of minus 1.0 degree and zero degree, followed by Shimla 0.7 degree, Palampur 2.5 ?degree, Bhuntar 3.0 degree, Hamirpur 3. 1 degree.
Manali received 20mm of rains while Tissa and Siobagh had 7 mm and 5 mm of rains till this morning.
The region had a clear day in the morning but the sky became overcast as the day advanced and a pale sun failed to warm up the region.
Maximum temperatures remained moderate in the region with Una recording a high of 18 degree while Bhuntar, Sundernagar and Solan recorded a high of 17.6 degree, 17.4 degree and 16. 0 degree and Shimla 11.2 degree.
The local MeT office has predicted rains or snow in higher reaches during next 24 hours and dry weather in mid and lower hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP