Avalanche threat over high altitude tribal areas of Himachal
Shimla: Avalanche threat loomed large over high altitude areas of Himachal Pradesh which are experiencing snowfall and intense cold wave conditions continued unabated in the state on Thursday.
The high altitude areas had intermittent snowfall while mid and lower hills received widespread rains.
Udaipur and Keylong in Lahaul valley recorded 20cm and 10 cm of snow while Kalpa in adjoining district of Kinnaur had 10 cm of snow.
Bharmaur tribal valley in Chambs district received another spell of snow, causing a sharp fall in mercury which plummeted to minus 13 degree C.
However, mercury rose marginally in other tribal areas and Keylong and Kalpa recorded minimum temperatures at minus 5.1 dgree and minus 3 degree, while Dalhousie recorded a low of minus 1.0 degree and zero degree, followed by Shimla 0.7 degree, Palampur 2.5 ?degree, Bhuntar 3.0 degree, Hamirpur 3. 1 degree.
Manali received 20mm of rains while Tissa and Siobagh had 7 mm and 5 mm of rains till this morning.
The region had a clear day in the morning but the sky became overcast as the day advanced and a pale sun failed to warm up the region.
Maximum temperatures remained moderate in the region with Una recording a high of 18 degree while Bhuntar, Sundernagar and Solan recorded a high of 17.6 degree, 17.4 degree and 16. 0 degree and Shimla 11.2 degree.
The local MeT office has predicted rains or snow in higher reaches during next 24 hours and dry weather in mid and lower hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media