Avoid landslide-hit Kinnaur, Himachal advises visitors
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Thursday issued an advisory asking the tourists not to visit landslide-hit Kinnaur district and a few parts of Spiti as the access was not possible due to recent landslips and blockades of roads.
But other important destinations in the state are safe for the tourists to travel, the statement quoted Chief Secretary S.Roy as saying.
It said the arrival of tourists in Kullu, Manali, Chamba and Dharamsala destinations is currently good.
Entire Kinnaur district and Spiti area of the Lahaul-Spiti district have been cut off from rest of the state for the past five days following massive landslides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’