Ban on tobacco products comes into force in HP
Shimla: Gutka, Kheni and other tobacco products vanished from shops in Himachal Pradesh as the ban on these goods came into force in the state today.
A complete ban had been imposed on sale, manufacture, storage and distribution of tobacco products like Gutka, Kheni and Pan Masala in the state from Gandhi Jayanti, an official spokesman said.
"A large number of customers are asking for Gutka whose sale has been banned now," said a shop owner on the Mall Road here.
The state government had taken the decision to ban Gutka and other tobacco products on July 13 this year.
Its implementation was, however, deferred following representations by traders who demanded some more time to clear their stocks.
Himachal had already banned smoking in public places and state capital Shimla had been declared a smoke-free city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...