Ban on tobacco products comes into force in HP
Shimla: Gutka, Kheni and other tobacco products vanished from shops in Himachal Pradesh as the ban on these goods came into force in the state today.
A complete ban had been imposed on sale, manufacture, storage and distribution of tobacco products like Gutka, Kheni and Pan Masala in the state from Gandhi Jayanti, an official spokesman said.
"A large number of customers are asking for Gutka whose sale has been banned now," said a shop owner on the Mall Road here.
The state government had taken the decision to ban Gutka and other tobacco products on July 13 this year.
Its implementation was, however, deferred following representations by traders who demanded some more time to clear their stocks.
Himachal had already banned smoking in public places and state capital Shimla had been declared a smoke-free city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH