Ban on tobacco products comes into force in HP
Shimla: Gutka, Kheni and other tobacco products vanished from shops in Himachal Pradesh as the ban on these goods came into force in the state today.
A complete ban had been imposed on sale, manufacture, storage and distribution of tobacco products like Gutka, Kheni and Pan Masala in the state from Gandhi Jayanti, an official spokesman said.
"A large number of customers are asking for Gutka whose sale has been banned now," said a shop owner on the Mall Road here.
The state government had taken the decision to ban Gutka and other tobacco products on July 13 this year.
Its implementation was, however, deferred following representations by traders who demanded some more time to clear their stocks.
Himachal had already banned smoking in public places and state capital Shimla had been declared a smoke-free city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan