Ban on tobacco products comes into force in HP
Shimla: Gutka, Kheni and other tobacco products vanished from shops in Himachal Pradesh as the ban on these goods came into force in the state today.
A complete ban had been imposed on sale, manufacture, storage and distribution of tobacco products like Gutka, Kheni and Pan Masala in the state from Gandhi Jayanti, an official spokesman said.
"A large number of customers are asking for Gutka whose sale has been banned now," said a shop owner on the Mall Road here.
The state government had taken the decision to ban Gutka and other tobacco products on July 13 this year.
Its implementation was, however, deferred following representations by traders who demanded some more time to clear their stocks.
Himachal had already banned smoking in public places and state capital Shimla had been declared a smoke-free city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- After Virat Kohli, time for Anil Kumble to work with MS Dhoni - Here's what Jumbo said..
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'