Beas river tragedy: Himachal Pradesh Police file FIR against Larji Dam officials
Zee Media Bureau
Shimla: In the wake of death of 24 engineering students, Himachal Pradesh government on Wednesday announced that 3 kms of fencing would be done near all dams across the state.
The ill-fated students hailing from Andhra Pradesh were washed away after water from the Larji hydropower project dam was released without warning on Sunday.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh announced the measure to avert such incidents.
Meanwhile, Himachal Police today filed an FIR against the dam officials of Larji Hydroelectric project. The officials have been charged with culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
A massive search operation to locate the remaining 19 of the 24 students and a tour operator who went missing after strong currents of Beas river washed them away near Mandi town continued today.
Five bodies have been recovered so far.
More than 60 students and faculty members of the VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology in Hyderabad were on an excursion to Manali.
Some of them were getting themselves photographed on the bank of the river Sunday evening when a wall of water washed them away.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured
- Pakistan playing to gallery in publicising Kashmir issue: Ex-envoy SK Lambah