Beas tragedy: Himachal govt likely to submit status report today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Himachal government is likely to submit the status report on the tragedy in Beas river that killed 24 engineering students of Hyderabad on June 8.
Posting the matter for 11 August, a division bench comprising Chief Justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir and Justice Tarlok Singh Chauhan had earlier asked the amicus curiae in the case to examine the entire issue and make submissions.
Twenty four B Tech students and a co-tour leader drowned in flash floods in the Beas river near Thalot on Mandi-Kullu national highway on 8 June after the Larji hydropower project authorities suddenly released water from the dam.
Following massive search operations by rescue teams of NDRF, army, police, navy, ITBP and 50 expert divers for over a month, 24 bodies of students were recovered while the co-tour leader is still missing.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today