Beas tragedy: One more body of student found, 12 still missing
Mandi: Rescuers today found the body an engineering student who was among the 25 youth who were swept away in gushing waters of the Beas river on June 8 and with this the bodies of 13 students have been recovered so far.
The swollen body surfaced today and was taken out of the river from Pandoh Dam.
"The victim was identified as B Mehan Sai Raj," said RS Negi, Superintendent of Police Mandi. 24 engineering students and a co-tour leader of Hyderabad were drowned when the Larji hydropower authorities suddenly released 450 cusecs of water from the barrage.
The bodies of eleven students including three girls and a co-tour leader are yet to be recovered. "The bodies have started surfacing and?rescue teams are hopeful that more bodies would be found in the next two three days," said Devesh Kumar, Deputy Commissioner, Mandi.
It was the 12th day of intensive search by 600 rescue men of NDRF, Army, police and ITBP, helped by 50 expert divers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh