Bhakra Dam water level higher than in 2013
Chandigarh: The water level at the Bhakra Dam in Himachal Pradesh has improved and is higher than in the same period last year, officials said Tuesday.
"The water level in the Bhakra Dam reservoir recorded today (Tuesday) at a level of 1,655.14 feet against 1,651.43 feet last year on the same day," a spokesman of the Punjab irrigation department said here.
However, the water level at the Pong Dam on the Beas river was recorded at 1,337.52 feet, which is 31.6 feet less than the level of 1,369.12 feet recorded on the same day last year.
"The water level in Ranjit Sagar Dam on the Ravi river touched 1709.8 feet mark, which is 16.92-feet higher than the water level recorded last year on the same day," he said.
The spokesman said that the inflow of water in Bhakra is 48,733 cusecs, against 44,727 cusecs last year. The inflow at Pong Dam was 25,815 cusecs against 38,102 cusecs on the same day last year.
Irrigation officials and experts had expressed concern till last week that rainfall in catchment areas of these dams was not being adequate this year.
The water level in reservoirs of the Bhakra Dam and the Pong Dam continued to be lower than the level in the same period last year, officials of the Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB) said earlier.
The Bhakra Dam on Sutlej river is located about 110 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset